Choose print or download. (Very limited availability in print!)
- Released in February 2016
- 52 pages in full color
- Glossy 115 gram paper (print version)
- Dewey classification: 306.76605 (social sciences › culture and institutions)
- ISSN 2365-4007
- Very limited print run: Only 100 (one hundred) numbered copies printed
This PDF download is a remastered version of the original release. It has been exported in 300 dpi, which is the same high resolution as was used when the magazine was printed. The file size is many times larger than for a standard download, so that you can enjoy the images in all their detail.
This premium download was created in January 2017 from the original printing files.
The file size is 7.7 MB.
- The file becomes available immediately upon payment.
- Full thumbnail preview available.
- You can download your file five times.
- No refund for digital downloads.
- VAT will be added for customers in the EU.
Excavating Boy History. In a truly unique photo reportage, Nicola’s photos from Italy in the 1970s are presented exclusively to the readers of The Lover. The images have been restored from the negatives in November and December 2015, and are now published for the first time. (Nicola also featured in Destroyer 09, but with entirely different photos.)
- We’re Too Sexy! Japanese game studios stop distributing certain games in the West.
- Criminalizing Cartoons. Full feature on the legality of manga in Sweden.
- The Pederast and the Faggot. Part two of the essay The Evil Twin.
- In the wake of Azov. This issue’s case study details what a UK man went through.
- Q&A with Sinal. The amateur photographer’s blog turns ten years.
- Raster detective. Our new series on vintage magazines examines a photo in Super Piccolo.
- Plus reader letters, relevant news, this and that!
The Lover does not contain any frontal nudity or sexual images. It’s a political, historical and cultural journal, classified by the German National Library as “sociology” and “anthropology”. The Lover has been included in the collections of Schwules Museum, Berlin.
If you choose the downlaod version, no shipping address is required. Your download link will appear on the page after completed payment with credit card, and will also be emailed to you.